Through its unique extrusion process, Ben-Har® 1151-HW has unique properties unequaled by ordinary dip coated sleevings. The silicone rubber coating is a tough and integral part of the sleeving, giving Ben-Har® 1151-HW unsurpassed heat/flex life and protection against production assembly hazards. The coating’s formulation design allows the inside diameter of the sleeving to expand over wire sizes larger than its original diameter without coating fracture or end fray, providing the “snug fit” so essential to preventing vibration damage.
- 15,000 V dielectric minimum average.
- Low temperature brittle point below -85°C.
- Compatible with common Class H insulating varnishes.
- Excellent heat/flex life and protection against production assembly hazards.
- Heavier wall thickness than that of traditional silicone sleevings found in the industry, providing excellent resistance to dielectric breakdown caused by operational stresses.
Ben-Har® 1151-HW is used extensively for terminal insulation and protection, as well as in dry-type transformer applications.