Ben-Har® ST is a braided, heat treated fiberglass sleeving made of continuous filament E glass. Ben-Har® ST sleeving is completely unsaturated and provides the greatest possible flexibility with the absolute minimum organic content. The special heat treatment of the fiberglass braid prepares the sleeving for bonding with epoxies, impregnants and varnishes resulting in a superior reinforcement between the fiberglass and the encapsulant or varnish.
- Withstands normal assembling handling, cut-through and mechanical stress without the loss of insulating capability
- Excellent low temperature flexibility
- Not affected by temperatures up to 240°C and can withstand higher temperatures up to the melting point of glass (760°C)
- Performance is determined by wall thickness (about 1/64”)
- Nominal outgassing of 0.25% by weight after four hours at 250°C